100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SMASH!


So, I don't get over to Georgetown much these days, but I used to. And, I would always stop in and see my old pal Matt Moffatt at SMASH RECORDS on M ST. Matt & I met in College Park in 1995 where he was one in a cast characters that amazingly all survived my college years. The D7 crew will fondly remember Matt's Security Patrol car, and you punk rock fans still get down to the excellent records by his first band, the legendary Crispus Attucks. Later on, Matt was the program director & station manager when I had shows at WMUC. Later still, when I lived on Irving Street, I always enjoyed walking next door to see Crispus Attucks at the Wilson Center, before it became a crappy, tax-funded, private school. Enough history; it's making me feel old. Anyway, Sydney & I just returned from Matt's next project, what will be the new SMASH Records in Adams Morgan! This town/country is in sore need of independent music stores, and the new SMASH will be THE place for vinyl in DC. The new balcony-ed space on the second floor of 2314 18th ST NW is gorgeous, so keep checking the SMASH website, and get ready for a grand, grand opening. If you love music and you live in DC, you'll walk down to SMASH before buying a record online.





MP3: Crispus Attucks - D.T.T.

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 7:37 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • Turn Around, Bright Eyes
  • The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
  • Shamrockfest '07
  • Yes, Virginia, there is a fed.
  • DC9 photos by Mark Silva
  • Easy Tiger
  • Mark Your Calendar
  • Day Old Belgian Blues
  • In modern times...
  • the fed @ Politics & Prose

Powered by Blogger