100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Monday, August 06, 2007

Atmosphere

I met Slug from Atmosphere in April of 2001 at the Fifth Element in Minneapolis. I was in town to see the Terps play in the Final Four, and the shop was right around the corner from where I was staying. I had just met Jill a few months earlier & she was watching Pres for the long weekend, so I picked up a sweet Hieroglyphics tee for her & a slew of vinyl. I asked the cat behind the counter what the hot underground records coming out of Minneapolis were. He threw a few records that escape me now on my stack. He rang me up respectfully/Jerry style, and then threw the Ford Two vinyl & the Lucy Ford The Atmosphere Ep's CD on my stack, and said "Play those for your friends in DC." I asked him what it was. "That's what I've been working on." Pounds were exchanged. Songs were respected and bumped.

Fast forward 2007. Last time I saw Slug, he was being interviewed on MTV2, and today sunshine ends up in my atmosphere. Atmosphere's Sunshine IS the song of the summer. This response to Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince's 1991 anthem is the ultimate real life update of the still ubiquitous classic. I only lament that it's already August.

MP3 Atmosphere - Sunshine(Sad Clown Bad Summer Accompanied by Piano-Sad Clown Bad Summer - Number 9)

MP3 Atosphere - Like Today(Lucy Ford)
MP3 Atosphere - Between The Lines(Lucy Ford)


posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 6:48 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • Polyphonic Spree
  • Lollapalooza 2007
  • Austin City Limits, January 26, 1998
  • Billy Goat Tavern
  • jillco
  • The Scheme
  • Blunted On Reality
  • Kanye/Bonnie Billy Colabo
  • DJ OZ
  • Libertarians Consider The 'Burgh As Site Of Nation...

Powered by Blogger