100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sixth & I Historic Synagogue



Jonathan Kozol tends to be a polarizing figure in the field of education. Several of my colleagues affirmed my love/hate relationship with Kozol at work today. The Savage Inequalities author will speak at the Sixth & I Historic Synagogue tonight at 9. He is promoting his new book Letters To A Young Teacher. Admission is $6, but two get in free with every book purchase.





The Sixth & I event I & I eagerly anticipate is in two weeks, when the great Devendra Banhart brings his "rich, varied, wild, irreverent, simple, and utterly joyous to listen to" music to the holy venue.


Devendra Banhart - Seahorse

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 4:03 PM 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear the fed - thanks for the 50 basis points. love - smy

4:57 PM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

this fed believes in unregulated capitalism.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Letters to a Young Teacher"? Is he trying to channel Rainer Maria Rilke?

5:49 PM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

he sees himself as a bit too much of a jesus figure for my liking, sarah. i can't wait to read your book. thanks for visiting

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • 59th Primetime Emmy Awards: Trash Picks
  • Beauty & The Beast
  • Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
  • Creepy & Awesome
  • It's THAT easy!!!
  • Border War!
  • CHEATERS
  • Paramount Theatre 9/13 & 14
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  • Slow Learners

Powered by Blogger