100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Saturday, January 12, 2008

"This one goes out to Bertha in Mularky."


I believe The Replacements to be the most underrated rock and roll band of all time. Paul Westerberg's chops as a songwriter of anthemic rock and roll are rivaled perhaps only by Robert Pollard and Pete Townsend, and Westerberg has only Alex Chilton as a peer in writing the greatest pop songs never to be played on radio. Here are The Replacements rough, raw, and wasted playing CBGB's on October 12, 1984, complete with a T Rex cover. If you're not already a fan, start with Color Me Impressed, and I Will Dare and go from there. If you are already down, unzip, unleash, and indulge.

MP3 Gary's Got a Boner
MP3 Run It
MP3 Color Me Impressed
MP3 White and Lazy
MP3 Takin' a Ride
MP3 I Will Dare
MP3 Unsatisfied
MP3 Johnny's Gonna Die
MP3 Favorite Thing
MP3 20th Century Boy
MP3 Go
MP3 I'll Be There
MP3 Kids Don't Follow
MP3 Black Diamond
MP3 Kansas City Star

whole show zipped

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 10:26 PM 

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Brown said...

im glad your blogging again... i enjoy this and was sad when i thought you left it for myface.

6:37 PM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

My face is not the problem. I had a short ethical/technical problem with regard to posting music. Said problem has been solved. Add that to two+ weeks out of three with an out of town spouse. Facebook, Blogger, Last.FM, LinkedIn I love 'em all; why choose? Where's the intercontinental Skype action been?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Kevin Brown said...

ah.... the old "ethical/technical problem coupled with the out of town spouse" routine. gets me every time.

let me know next time your online at 3 in the morning EST... thats usually when I log in. :)

still love the trash files.

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your face is the problem.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for not posting answering machine

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • Hey. Take it easy, man.
  • SwiftKids for Truth
  • Welcome Winter Sojourner
  • MP3 Heartless Bastards - New Resolution
  • Celebrity New Year's Resolutions on FunnyOrDie.com
  • Sidney Paul Bunzendahl Jr.
  • Hell's Beerguts Moped Club
  • TONIGHT
  • Moped Army Murder Club
  • Columbia Heights in Rainbows

Powered by Blogger