100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Everyone was funny. Everyone was pretty. Everyone was coming towards the center of the city.


The positive energy in the city today was undeniable and overwhelming. The change has begun. At 11:01 last night I threw open the windows and let the vibes just flood the house. I dug up the American flag that'd been buried for years and raised it above the front door of our rowhouse where it belongs. I woke Sydney to tell her what had just happened. I asked her to listen to the honks shouts cheers and cries of jubilation just outside her window. Hopefully she'll tell that story someday. The parade down Sherman Avenue consisted of marchers in all colors shapes and sizes. Check out the Post's great gallery of U ST including my favorite photo of our own Erika Brown.
The Hold Steady - Massive Nights

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 8:50 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • rest in peace pres. you were my best friend.
  • Sidelines Spring07
  • Notorious
  • Endorsements
  • Cardinology
  • TWITTER
  • Yes on Prop 2
  • New Stateside Banksy
  • ****

Powered by Blogger