100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Saturday, March 10, 2007

"Send it in, Jerome!"



While the Terps lost in the first round of the ACC tournament, they should be fresh for the Big Dance. What I am really excited about is the dream match up of Pitt vs. Georgetown in the Big East Tournament Championship tonight at 9:00 on ESPN. I saw the teams play at the MCI center on 2/24, and it was one of the best regular season games I have ever seen between two of the best matched conference rivals in history. The Hoyas are ranked # 9 nationally, while Pitt is at # 11. This will be the Panthers' fifth conference championship game appearance in six years. In the immortal words of Demetrius Gore, "People, Pitt has arrived."

On a semi-related note, here's video I found of Jerome Lane's backboard smashing dunk against Providence in '87 at Fitzgerald Field House.

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 9:02 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • Delta Spirit & Cold War Kids, of the Monarchy stable
  • Sky Blue Sky
  • Crew blowing up, indeed.
  • Re. Trash Crew Blowing Up
  • SMASH!
  • Turn Around, Bright Eyes
  • The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
  • Shamrockfest '07
  • Yes, Virginia, there is a fed.
  • DC9 photos by Mark Silva

Powered by Blogger