100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sugar & Iron

The official gifts for one's sixth wedding anniverary are made of sugar or iron. Jill loves sugar, and I love iron. Vegetate had enough of each to satisfy us both. If you haven't had their jerk sliders, and no longer partake of White Castle, get down there, pronto, and wash them down with a Wolavers Oatmeal Stout or a Rogue Chipotle Ale. We were there early, so DJ Dread was behind the bar rather than the turntables, but the music neglected to dissapoint nevertheless, often reminding J & I of six short years ago. So dig photos from 8/25/01 & 8/25/07, and tunes we found quite digable upon meeting one another.

MP3 Digable Planets - Rebirth of Slick
MP3 Digable Planets - Where I'm From(Aural G Ride Mix)

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 9:04 PM 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sammy said...

I downloaded "Rebirth of Slick" from iTunes the other night; Renee' thought I was goofy, I was pleasantly surprised to find the groove persists. And "Happy Anniversary" you crazy kids.

9:15 AM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

thanks for the well wishes, sammy. the planets do sound impressively timeless. i busted out a bunch of roy ayers yesterday to dig the primary sources. i have to track down my vinyl copy of blowout comb...

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • Countryman
  • The bathtub...
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Max Roach
  • ... asks if Karl Rove resigned to become an...
  • Live Free Or Die
  • For the record...
  • I remember watermelon, tube socks, Purple Rain and...
  • HEY! METRO!
  • Ghetto Rock

Powered by Blogger