100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Monday, April 28, 2008

Bob Mould

About a year ago, I was reading a feature in Harp Magazine(R.I.P) on Bob Mould. I have great respect for the Husker Du catalog, and Sugar's Copper Blue was a top ten album even in the Rock & Roll/Hip-Hop watershed that was 1992. When I came to the large picture of Bob that accompanied the article I reached over, showing the photo to Jill. "That's the fountain in Malcolm X Park!" It sure was. Bob lives in Columbia Heights and we've seen him coming and going a number of times on U Street. Bob's latest release, the aptly title District Line, is my favorite album of 2008 so far.

MP3 Sugar - Hoover Dam
MP3 Bob Mould - The Silence Between Us

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 5:23 PM 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not forget about what I believe are Bob Mould's finest worksongs, his pair of solo albums after Husker Du and before Sugar: Workbook (1989), and Black Sheets of Rain (1990). Of course I am biased in favor of these, because my real introduction to Bob Mould came courtesy of his '91 show at Graffiti in Pittsburgh. The opening act was Vic Chesnutt!

12:55 AM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

That's funny. I couldn't find a bunch of Sugar songs I always liked yesterday. I realize now that it was because they from Black Sheets of Rain. Thanks for another great comment.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • The Few, The Proud, The Felonious
  • New York Magazine:
  • Muxtape.com allows you to make a quick easy digita...
  • Ben, Cory & Kate - Melissa(Solly's U ST Tavern, 4/...
  • Ronald Ray-Gun, Standardized Testing, and Insubord...
  • Death to los Campesinos!
  • Don't You Worry About That Beer. I Got My Own Lit...
  • Late Afternoon with D R Adams, Special Guest Bob M...

Powered by Blogger