I am now completely settled in to the searing sludge of summer vacation in the city. I go to the playground in the morning, write a few letters, go out for Ben's or mock duck for lunch, write a song during nap-time, have some fun in the afternoon. Banneker pool has been great this summer. J. observed that while submerged in the kid pool during Caribbean Carnival on Georgia AVE, your ears and nose might trick you into thinking you're in Port Antonio. On Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, when all three of us are around, I squeeze in work on my hundred-year-old window rehabilitation project, or in the basement.
The soundtrack of this summer so far must most undeniably come from Cool Kids. They reference My Posse's on Broadway as much as they do It Takes a Nation of Millions, and slur clever and current rhymes about Starters, sneakers, and shorties.Start with the free "That’s Stupid (The Mixtape)," and then buy The Bake Sale EP.

2 Comments:
I want a Macaroni Unicorn!!
My girls will be jealous of the Macaroni Unicorn...can you make a macaroni butterfly?
Post a Comment
<< Home