100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Friday, August 31, 2007

Stop The Clocks

The bell rang and the dogs went wild. The mail carrier was at the door with a large package. I scrambled out the back door and met her around front where the package required my signature. The first thing I noticed was that the box had originated in Germany; it was probably a gift for Sydney from my in-laws. Signing I noticed the box was addressed to me. I only got as far as the backyard picnic table before I tore into it.


I remember reading about the controversy surrounding Stop The Clocks in the months preceding its release last November. I don't remember purchasing a copy; but, apparently I did, on December 16, 2006. It arrived today, eight months later, in all its glory, packaged as a boxed set by Big Brother Records on three weighty platters with a forty page booklet of photos, lyrics to all the songs, and an essay by Andrew Smith, and no indication of where it's been.




I think Oasis' contribution to Rock & Roll is often overlooked/underestimated, at least here in the states. They're current claim to fame is Stop The Clocks' role in the celebration of the completion of a week long plumbing project, rife with problems, but finally done right with not so much as a leaky drop coming from my retrofitted H2O connections.



MP3 Oasis - Songbird

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 3:05 PM 

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Brown said...

congrats on the plumbing project. I am happy to have helped by standing around drinking your beer for part of it.

4:35 PM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

thanks...for the congrats & the help.

congrats on that t-shirt...when are you going to post a photo of you in it?

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kevin Brown said...

awww... you're just jealous.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • I (heart) Big Head DC
  • I (heart) DC
  • Bully in a Bowtie
  • Two Rivers, two field trips
  • Lil Mama
  • Sugar & Iron
  • Countryman
  • The bathtub...

Powered by Blogger