100 years of trash

MINISTRANTtotheSELFRIGHTEOUS

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Here's a Toast to Saint Joe Strummer. I Think He May Have Been Our Only Decent Teacher.


The Hold Steady's Stay Positive is their best record to date and perhaps the best record of 2008 so far. It sounds like the Boss, the Who, and the Replacements all in their heyday spent summer vacation together getting wasted. It sure as hell ain't always pretty, but you bet your stars it's always awesome. "We are our only saviors. We're gonna build something this summer."

Sequestered in Memphis
Stay Positive
Lord I'm Discouraged
One for the Cutters

posted by 100YearsOfTrash @ 9:27 AM 

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Brown said...

I wanna build something this summer!

11:22 AM  
Blogger 100YearsOfTrash said...

8/?/08
the fed
& friends
@ Solly's U Street Tavern
????????????????????????????????

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: 100YearsOfTrash
Location: Washington, D.C.

View my complete profile

On Draught

Spoetzl Brewery Shiner Bock

House Red

Dancing Bull Zinfandel(2004)

Now Playing

Previous Posts

  • Window Project Preview
  • THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED
  • "I'm monogamous from time to time, but I prefer po...
  • Another Great Way To See the City
  • Billygoat Trail
  • What To Do Next Tuesday
  • I am now completely settled in to the searing slud...
  • Now, We Play Serious
  • Color Consultation
  • A Bad Joke?

Powered by Blogger