It Changed My Life
I saw this on Sammy's web log this morning. It looks like it started here and I couldn't resist. I love this sort of thing: expose yourshelf. "Things (in no particular order) that changed my life:"
Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Autobiography of Malcolm X
Pittsburgh's North Side
Ms. Bunzendahl
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
the fed
West Africa, June '08
Habitat for Humanity
1000 Fairmont Street
Columbia Heights
1460 Irving ST NW
Writers Workshop
NYC, '06-'08
MacBook Pro
Mayor Anthony Williams
Mayor Marion Berry
Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.
Libertarianism
Guided by Voices, Austin City Limits, 2006
S.M.C. 8/4/03
Dublin, Ireland, 1994
The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Entire Rolling Stones Catalog
Humane Education
Staccato Music Hall & Lounge
Special Ed & the Slow Learners
South Oakland
Denton Hall
Ralph Nader
Public Enemy, A.J. Palumbo Center, 1989
Third Bass, Graffiti Nightclub, 1990
Joel RL Phelps, Staccato Music Hall & Lounge, 2005
The Grateful Dead
Ryan Adams & the Cardinals
Dave Eggers' A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Tom Hodgkinson's The Freedom Manifesto
Anarchism
Ernest Hemmingway's A Moveable Feast
Paris, Spring '97 & '98
Isreal, Spring '95
Santiago, Chile, Fall '99

3 Comments:
Your list is way cooler than mine. And I'd forgotten about Eggers. Just reading the copyright page (or whatever that first page of a book is called) was worth the price of the book.
I was hoping this would catch on w/ a few other readers who also write...alas.
Sam you should do expose yourshelf.
ford city pennsylania, a skateboard, 3 ft high and rising, catholocism, dr james naismith, breakfast of champions, the basilica of the national shrine of the immaculate conception, the stones, eatnpark, noncatholocism, meryembibi, nineteen eighty-four,
krasnovodsk turkmenistan, life and death of great american cities, leyla, northside, advanced empirical methods for public policy
Post a Comment
<< Home